Latest Newsletter - Issue 17
Brief roundup of what’s in store for 2011
New equipment: we are constantly looking at changes in our industry and developments to equipment. So for 2011 we are delighted to add:
- Aquaread’s multiparameter water quality test equipment for groundwater and surface water field applications. Please note we still have Aquaread systems at special introductory prices; savings of up to £350.00.
Please see ‘Why we love Aquaread™’ article.
- Van Walt Telemetry System provides onsite data collection of pH, EC, Optical DO, Redox, Turbidity, Temperature & Depth. View our live telemetry feed data available online here by using ‘guest01’ as both the Username and Password.
- Snap Sampler, a passive sampler that collects a sample down in a well, in sealed bottles, which are then retrieved and sent directly to a laboratory for analysis. The sample is never exposed to the open air and collection of the sample does not require pumps, controllers, meters and purge water waste containers. It is simpler, safer and more cost effective to collect the samples and data quality is improved. Watch our video to see exactly how it works. For more information on low flow and passive sampling read: The rise and rise of low flow and passing sampling
- The PID Phocheck Tiger is a tough, reliable, handheld VOC detector for volatile organic compounds with a wide detection range of 1 parts per billion (ppb) to 20,000 parts per million (ppm). ATEX rated and very accurate with revolutionary PID technology that means there is no need for temperature and humidity compensation. Already in our rental fleet but also available to buy: A new addition to our rental fleet
Watch this space for our new TDR telemetry systems from IMKO and a new 12 volt inertial pump.
Developments to our website: enhanced navigation, more useful information around the core applications we supply equipment for and more videos and demonstration. Later in the year we will be adding mobile apps and ensuring our site is compatible for mobile devices – you will be able to access information from us even when you’re on site!
Invaluable information: in 2011 we have committed to label all non-sales information as Technical Updates so you can easily recognise it as useful, relevant and valuable to your fieldwork.
Training: you can access training from us in several ways:
- Our CIWEM accredited Practical Fieldwork Theory & Techniques Training Course is scheduled to run in June and October, view details and book your place here.
- Van Walt’s Bespoke training options: training tailored to your individual company requirements, is growing in popularity. Already this year we have plans to run courses for a local authority in Scotland and on site with some of our other customers.
- Visits – we are happy to visit you onsite or at your offices. We can help you set up equipment for a project or simply talk through some of the alternatives when it comes to equipment selection.
Rental: in the current economic climate we believe that equipment rental hire is the way forward for many organisations. We make no apology for the fact we will be plugging this point time and time and time again in 2011. Rent or hire – whatever you prefer – we will keep trying to convert those of you who have never used this option, to give it a try! To tempt you we will continue to add more items to our fleet because we believe we now have the most comprehensive selection of environmental monitoring equipment for rent/hire in the UK. Resist no more – give us a try!