Please Note that new registrations will have to be approved by our administrators. Check your emails for confirmation that you can log in.
- Customers are billed each time an item is returned for all charges incurred during the rental period on that item. Rental period ends after the equipment has been returned to Van Walt Ltd (Van Walt). Payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice. Consumable items ordered with rentals are billed at the time of sending. Any rental exceeding a four week period will be classified as a long term rental and invoicing will then take place every four weeks for the preceding period.
- At NO time shall any repair of any rental equipment be attempted without the consent of Van Walt. Any costs resulting from damage to the product, negligence on the part of the user, or any other situation not related to normal wear and tear of our rental equipment will automatically be charged to the customer, in addition to the rental charges.
- All rental fees cover normal wear and tear of our rental equipment. All rental equipment should be properly maintained throughout the rental period. Equipment must be cleaned, decontaminated, and returned to Van Walt in the same functional condition in which it was received. A £50/NZ$100 hour fee will be applied if equipment is not returned as stated above. If there is any possibility that rental equipment might still contain traces of a contaminant Van Walt must be told PRIOR to returning the equipment. Van Walt reserves the right to refuse a contaminated consignment.
- Van Walt must be notified within 24 hours from the time the equipment was received regarding any missing, defective or malfunctioning equipment or full rental fees will be charged. With every shipment there will be a check list and it is the customer's responsibility to check that all the parts are received and immediately notify Van Walt of any shortages. Any shortages not reported to Van Walt within 24 hours from the time the equipment was received, will be charged at list price to the customer.
- Van Walt ships all rental equipment by Next-Day delivery (where possible), timed morning deliveries are available at the customer's request, although they cannot be guaranteed. In New Zealand delivery will be dependent on location. The billing period begins the day after we ship and ends the day prior to our receiving the equipment back, so please do return by overnight delivery. Van Walt will repay and add to the invoice all outbound shipping and handling charges. All costs associated with the return of the rental equipment are the customer's responsibility. Van Walt offers a collection service, please contact a member of the sales team to organise, a collection fee will be added to the final invoice.
- Unless otherwise stated the minimum period of rental is one week, this is defined as 5 working days. Each additional day will carry a further charge of 20% of the weekly rate. Public Holidays are not counted as a working day for rental purposes.
- All equipment is sent out with a specially designed, fitted hard box to secure the equipment and which helps keep the equipment clean and undamaged. All equipment must be returned with their original bag or hard case.
- Liability: Van Walt will not be liable for any consequential, incidental or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, any loss of profit or revenues, loss of use of any equipment, damage to other equipment, cost of substitute equipment, or downtime costs. Van Walt cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to a Renter's business, property, or injury or death to persons. The Renter shall indemnify Van Walt and hold it harmless from any claims for any of the foregoing, including associated legal fees and expenses. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- This rental agreement will be filed and is applicable to all future rentals by the individual. Van Walt has the right to change our rental terms and conditions at any time - if this occurs a new rental agreement will need to be signed before any subsequent rentals are sent.