The Van Walt Window Sampling System is ideal for sampling and research in sites with restricted access, where there is the potential for contaminated samples, when an undisturbed sample is required or you are sampling for the exploration of base metals or for mineral deposits, like gold and other precious metals.
Simply – the best window sampling system currently on the market.
- Custom sets available to cater for your needs
- Easy retrieval of samples in hard soils which may contain rubble and/or stones
- Light in weight and mobile for drillers working in difficult to access sites. A typical window sampling set to achieve depths of 6 metres and will weigh approximately 200 kg with the heaviest item being the hammer at 25kg.
- Steel tubes with cut-out windows are driven into the soil with a mechanical hammer and extracted manually or hydraulically giving access to samples from 10m, depending on the soil conditions.
- The retrieval of virtually undisturbed horizons for logging and sampling
- Very suitable for repetitive drilling
- With a different sampler head, samples can be retrieved in a liner, ideal for contaminated soils
- Developed for use in remote and for difficult to access sites
- Ideal for researchers, geologists, geographers, archaeologists and organisations for mineral exploration, particularly if sampling to the saprolte horizon.
- Relatively small and portable so can be transported in a car or van.
- Samplers are driven into the soil with a percussion hammer such as the Atlas Copco Cobra TT
- Manufactured in steel and available in diameters 40 to 80 mm, so ideal for sampling up to 10 metres in depth in hard soils that may contain rubble, bricks or stones.
- The unique RDS connection allows the transfer of higher forces compared to conventional connection types and is characterised by easier handling during screwing and loosening.
- High reliability
- Extension rods are hollow to maximise the percussive action and samplers are designed to improve insertion speeds
- Samples are captured in an undisturbed way for on-site evaluation
- Manufactured for strength, ease of insertion and minimum sample disturbance
- Perfect for taking metre-long undisturbed samples
- Non-destructive sampling technique
- Relatively low-cost
- On-site training offered with every set.