At Van Walt we are excited to let you know that we have now stocks of the new YSI ProDSS Multiparameter Meter capable of measuring Turbidity in addition to all the usual parameters.
The new YSI ProDSS brings together the best of Xylem and YSI technology in a smart, innovative portable water quality multi-parameter instrument. Now available to rent* or buy from Van Walt, the YSI ProDSS incorporates all that was brilliant about the YSI Pro Plus and the cutting-edge, advanced technology from the EXO series. We think this makes the YSI ProDSS – the best multi-parameter meter available!
WHY IS TURBIDITY MEASUREMENT SO IMPORTANT?
• If a water sample containing for example PAH, PCB, dioxins, microorganisms (E. coli, Giardia) and a number of pesticides is filtered (.45 micron) none of these components will be found
• If the sample is not filtered, pollutants adsorbed to sediments are finally analysed as being water pollution
• Adsorbed contaminants in suspended sediment can amplify water analysis results by up to 1000 times!
• Literature is suggesting that a “good” representative water sample should have a turbidity level < 10 NTU
The ProDSS is completely customisable to measure concurrently all the usual parameters but now with the addition of TURBIDITY.
– Rugged and reliable
– Real time graph plotting and display
– Intelligent, user-replaceable digital sensors that retain calibration data
– IP67 with tough, rubber over-moulded case
– Durable for longevity of sampling even in the harshest field conditions.
An introductory film on the YSI ProDSS is available here.
To find out how easy it is to add this technology to your next water quality testing project, call us on 01428 661 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.