The EXO Sonde from Xylem is a multiparameter water quality meter which can measure and log data. The EXO1 in the Van Walt rental stock will be configured to measure and log the following parameters simultaneously: pH, EC, Temperature, Redox, Dissolved Oxygen and Turbidity. When connected to telemetry unit, it will also report water level.
The EXO Sondes are very special and the result of a US$ 24 million investment programme. The idea was to create the ultimate water quality measuring device and no shortcuts were taken. The EXO’s have a host of features, viewable on the specification sheets but a few are worth focusing on:
- Wet mateable connectors. By the nature of their intended use, this type of device is rarely dry. This doesn’t matter with the EXO’s. Probes and cables can be disconnected and reconnected EVEN WHEN WET.
- The electrodes are made of titanium for robustness and durability
- Calibration data is stored WITHIN THE ELECTRODES so spares can be pre-calibrated and exchanged on site without the necessity of returning the entire unit back to base for recalibration.
The robust, multiparameter, 4-port EXO offers a wide range of capabilities for groundwater monitoring of:
- Conductivity and Temperature
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen
- pH / ORP
- Depth (integral)
- Total Algae (Dual-channel Chlorophyll and Blue-green Algae)
The EXO is smart, cost-effective and adaptable for the future. Its high-impact body is built to record water quality to depths of 250 meters. The data is stored on-board the instrument for downloading to a laptop on completion of the monitoring sequence.
The EXO logger is also available with telemetry.
- Rugged and easy to use
- High-accuracy sensors with on-board memory
- Wireless communications to set-up, calibrate and deploy the instrument
- Fast response times for profiling and sampling
- In-built diagnostics to make setting-up and configuration even easier
- Improved power management to extend deployment times
- Quick and easy calibration in less than 15 minutes
- Reliable and accurate with smart controls and guided prompts to reduce the opportunity for errors
- Smart probes and active port monitoring automatically detects any sensor damage
- Isolated components so prevents short circuits
- Wet-mateable connectors that will resist corrosion
- In built monitoring systems automatically scans for errors, monitors the memory status and continuously verifies the sensor operation to ensure successful deployment
- Accurate data collection for up to 90 days.